When we first arranged to meet with Cody Townsend to talk about the Line of the Year, we expected to meet a cool dude with large cojones. We didn’t realize that his cojones were so large that he and some friends had developed their own line of belts – the Arcade Belt Company – to make sure those cojones stayed covered.
(Disclaimer: We really don’t know how big they are or whether the belts are necessary to keep them from being exposed and taking over the world.)
If you’re just here to enter the giveaway, we get it. Click here.
After years of skiing with belts that had large, hard buckles and no give, Cody, along with his friends David and Tristan, went off on walkabout in search of a better solution. Belts were never the right size, didn’t move with you, and kept letting snow into your pants. To paraphrase Green Velvet: “This is not the thing to do!”
The three searched for a material that would be extremely durable, weather-proof, machine washable, and, most of all, super comfortable. Oddly enough, they found it in the suspender straps of fishing waders. But, it looked like crap. No one wants to look like crap. So they went out and sourced their own, much more stylish version of the nylon-blend stretch webbing.
But, stretch and style aren’t the only moonshots Cody, David and Tristan pursued. They also wanted infinite adjustability and a low profile buckle that wouldn’t perform an appendectomy on you if you took a digger. They created the Arcade LockFit Speed Buckle to do just that. Made out of commercial grade acetal polymer, the buckles are low profile and keep your belt securely fastened. Bonus – most of Arcade Belts have no metal parts, so you don’t have to remove them to go through airport security.
Arcade has grown organically since its inception in 2010. They work closely with their manufacturers overseas to ensure quality and consistency. We even gave David a few pointers for his upcoming trip to visit their factory!
But, the real excitement came when Cody surprised us with belts to try out. We’ve been wearing the Arcade Belts Hemingway everywhere for the last two weeks. It’s been holding up our pants everywhere from the backcountry to nights out on the town to the courtroom (We didn’t get into any trouble on those nights out. Dave is a lawyer sometimes.)
Here are the rules:
1. To enter, all you need to do is subscribe to our newsletter and like us on Facebook. No purchase necessary. You do need to enter your full name along with your email address on our subscribe page so we can match you up.
2. US residents 18 years of age or older and our families aren’t allowed to win. (Sorry family!)
3. Subscribe by March 31, 2015 to enter the giveaway. We’ll use a random number generator to select the winner from our list. If an ineligible person is selected by the number generator, we’ll run it again until we get someone who is eligible. We’ll announce the winner on April 1, 2015 on the website. We will contact the winner via email to arrange delivery of the belt.
4. Engearment gets to cancel or modify the giveaway at any time for any reason or no reason at all – even if we’re drunk.
5. If you win, you get an Arcade Belt. We don’t do cash equivalents. We’re trying to hold your pants up, not weigh them down.
6. If you win, you have to send us a picture of yourself, wearing the belt while doing something awesome. We get to use the picture for whatever we want. Dart board, Vegas marquee, avant garde art project…whatever we want.
We don’t share our email list with anyone, even our mothers.